XU Qing-Hua received his B.S. from Zhejiang University (1993), M.S. from Peking University (1996) and University of Chicago (1997), Ph.D. from UC Berkeley (2001). He conducted the postdoctoral research at Stanford University and UC Santa Barbara before he joined NUS Chemistry in 2005. He is currently an Associate Professor of Chemistry. So far he has published over 90 peer-reviewed articles with citations of >1700 and h-index of 25.
Optical Materials/Nanophotonics/Low-dimensional Materials/Nonlinear Plasmonics/Optical Spectroscopy and Imaging
Our primary research interest is novel nanocomposite materials and their linear and nonlinear optical properties as well as their applications in imaging, sensing, biomedicine and energy areas. Our research spans a broad range from materials preparation, fundamental understanding and practical applications.
- X.Q. Shen, L. Li, A. C. M. Chan, S. Q. Yao, Q.-H. Xu*, "Water soluble conjugated polymers for two-photon cell imaging and two-photon photodynamic therapy", Adv. Optical Mater., 2013, 1 (1), 92–99.
- T.T. Zhao, X.Q. Shen, L. Li, Z.P. Guan, N.Y. Gao, P.Y. Yuan, S.Q. Yao, Q.-H. Xu* and G.Q Xu* "Gold nanorods as dual photosensitizing and imaging agents for two-photon photodynamic therapy", Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 7712-7719.
- X.-F. Jiang, L. Polavarapu,S.T. Neo, T. Venkatesan, and Q.-H. Xu*, "Graphene Oxides as Tunable Broadband Nonlinear Optical Materials for Femtosecond Laser Pulses", J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2012, 3 (6), 785-790.
- L. Polavarapu, K.K. Manga, H.D. Cao, K.P. Loh, Q.-H. Xu*, “Fabrication of Conductive Silver Films at Mild Temperatures for Printable Organic Electronics”, Chem. Mater., 2011, 23, 3273.
- M. D. Regulacio, C. Ye, S.H. Lim, M. Bosman, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu*, M.-Y. Han*, "One-Pot Synthesis of Cu1.94S-CdS and Cu1.94S-ZnxCd1-xS Nanodisk Heterostructures", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (7), 2052-2055.
- Z.P. Guan, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu*,"Enhanced Two-photon Emission in Coupled Metal Nanoparticles Induced by Conjugated Polymers", Langmuir, 2010, 26 (23), 18020-18023.
- X.Q. Shen,L. Li, H. Wu, S. Q. Yao, and Q.-H. Xu *, “Photosensitizer-Doped Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Two-photon Imaging and Two-photon Photodynamic Therapy in Living Cells”, Nanoscale, 2011, 3 (12), 5140.
- X.S. Ren and Q.-H. Xu*, "Label Free DNA Sequence Detection with Enhanced Sensitivity and Selectivity using Cationic Conjugated Polymers and PicoGreen", Langmuir, 2009, 25(1), 43-47.
- N. Tian and Q.-H. Xu*, “Enhanced Two-Photon Excitation Fluorescence by Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Using Conjugated Polymers”, Adv. Mater., 2007, 19, 1988-1991.
- D. Cheng and Q.-H. Xu*, “Separation Distance Dependent Fluorescence Enhancement of Fluorescein Isothiocyanate by Silver Nanoparticles”, Chem. Commun., 2007, No.3, 248-250.