A/P Wu Jishan was born in Hubei province, China, in 1975. He received a Bachelor degree in Chemistry from Wuhan University (1997) and a Masters degree in Polymer Science from Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, CAS (2000). He did his PhD research in the Max-Planck Institute for Polymer Research under the supervision of Professor Klaus Müllen (2000-2004) and after graduation he worked as a project leader in the same group. He moved to the University of California at Los Angeles in 2005 and worked with Professor Sir J. Fraser Stoddart on supramolecular chemistry. Dr. Wu joined the Department of Chemistry of the National University of Singapore in 2007 as an assistant professor and was promoted to an associate professor in 2012. So far, he has published more than 110 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters with a Hirsch index of 30.
He received a number of awards including NUS Young Investigator Award (2007), Singapore National Young Scientist Award (2010), BASF-Singapore National Institute of Chemistry Award in Materials Science (2012), NUS Young Researcher Award (2012), Invited Lecturer of Asian Excellence from the Japanese Society of Polymer Science (2012), Asian Core Program Lectureship Award from Japan (2010) and Hongkong (2013), and Distinguished Lectureship Award from The Chemical Society of Japan (2013).
- Organic optoelectronic and magnetic materials and devices
- Supramolecular chemistry and responsive materials
- Nanocarbon materials
- Sun, Z. et al., Chem. Soc. Rev. 2012, 41, 7857.
- Sun, Z. et al.,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 11896.
- Li, Y. et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc.2012, 134, 14913.
- Zeng, Z. et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 14513.
- Zeng, Z. et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, DOI: 10.1021/ja402467y.