Dr Jun DING obtained PhD from Ruhr-University Bochum in 1990. After working as Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow at University of Western Australia for 6 years, Dr Ding joined National University of Singapore as a Faculty (NUS). Now, he is Professor at Department of Materials Science & Engineering (NUS). Dr Ding has been working in magnetic materials for ~25 years. He has published over 300 papers with > 6000 cross citation and H-index = 42 (updated: March 2013). His current research work focuses on nanomagnetics and magnetic nanoparticles for bio-medical applications.
Nanomagnetics and Spintronics
Multi-functional nanodevices for information storage and data processing, including magnetic semiconductors, novel multiferroic nanostructures and high-performance hard and soft magnetic films for power-integration, & different nanostructures (particles, nano-rods, nanotubse/rings, hybrid etc) for biomedical and environmental applications.
- Y. Li, W. K. Heng, B. S. Lee, N. Aratani, J. Zafra, N. N. Bao, R. Lee, Y. M. Sung, Z. Sun, K. W. Huang, R. Webster, J. T. López Navarrete, D. H. Kim, A. Osuka, J. Casado Cordon, J. Ding, J. S. Wu, “Kinetically Blocked Stable Heptazethrene and Octazethrene: Closed-Shell or Open-Shell in the Ground State?", Journal of the American Chemical Society 134 (2012) 14913.
- T. S. Herng, A. Kumar, C. S. Ong, Y. P. Feng, Y. H. Lu, K. Y. Zeng and J. Ding, “Investigation of the non-volatile resistance change in noncentrosymmetric compounds”, Scientific Reports 2 (2012) 587.
- Y. W. Ma, Y. H. Lu, J. B. Yi, Y. P. Feng, T. S. Herng, X. Liu, D. Q. Gao, D. S. Xue, J. M. Xue, J. Y. Ouyang, J. Ding. “Room temperature ferromagnetism in Teflon due to carbon dangling bonds”, Nature Communications 3 (2012) 727.
- X. L. Liu, H. M. Fan, J. B. Yi, Y. Yang, E.S. G. Choo, J. M. Xue and J. Ding, “Optimization of surface coating on Fe3O4 nanoparticles for high performance magnetic hyperthermia agents”, Journal of Materials Chemistry 22 (2012) 8235-8244.
- T.S. Herng, M.F. Wong, D.C. Qi, J.B. Yi, A. Kumar, A. Huang, F.C. Kartawidjaja, S. Smadici, P. Abbamonte, C. Sánchez-Hanke,S. Shannigrahi, J.M. Xue, J. Wang, Y.P. Feng, A. Rusydi, K.Y. Zeng and J. Ding, “Mutual Ferromagnetic – Ferroelectric Coupling in Multiferroic Copper Doped ZnO”, Advanced Materials 23 (2011) 1635.
- T. S. Herng, D.-C. Qi, T. Berlijn, J. B. Yi, K. S. Yang, Y. Dai, Y. P. Feng, I. Santoso, C. Sanchez-Hanke, X. Y. Gao, Andrew T. S. Wee, W. Ku, J. Dingand A. Rusydi, “Room-temperature ferromagnetism of Cu-doped ZnO films probed by soft X-ray magnetic circular dichroism”, Physical Review Letters 104 (2010) 197601.
- J. B. Yi, C. C. Lim, G. Z. Xing, H. M. Fan, L. H. Van, S. L. Huang, K. S. Yang, X.L. Huang, X.B. Qian, B.Y. Wang, T. Wu, L. Wang, H. T. Zhang, X. Y. Gao, T. Liu and A. T. S. Wee, Y. P. Feng, J. Ding, “Ferromagnetism in Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors through Defect Engineering: Li-doped ZnO”, Physical Review Letters 104 (2010): 137201.