Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Contact:(65) 6516 4897
Rusydi’s lab is part of NUSNNI-NanoCore and Singapore Synchrotron Light Source. He joined Department of Physics of National University of Singapore in 2008. He was a postdoctoral fellow (2006-2008) at University of Hamburg (Germany), where he has been part of a team to develop VUV-Raman Spectroscopy at the Center for Free Electron laser (CFEL) as well as high-energy optical ellipsometry. He obtained his PhD (2006) and M.Sc (2001) degrees in Physics from University of Groningen (The Netherlands), and received his B.Sc (1998) in physics from Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia). During his PhD time, he spent full-time as a research student at Brookhaven National laboratory (USA) and as part of a team to develop and use resonant soft X-ray scattering at National Synchrotron Light Source. He was awarded 2009 NUS Young Investigator Award and 2010 Singapore National Academy of Science-Young Investigator award.
Study of interplay of spin, charge, orbital and lattice degrees of freedom at interface and surface of novel complex systems and nanostructured strongly correlated electron systems, such magnetic materials, high temperature superconductors, organic semiconductors, and molecular electronics materials.
Develop in-situ synchrotron-based characterizations including resonant soft X-ray magnetic scattering, spectral generalized magneto-optical spectrocopic ellipsometry (from mid-infrared to vaccum-ultraviolet) and angular resolved photoemission spectroscopy, and in-situ (ultra) film growth (atomically layer-by-layer molecular beam epitaxy) at Singapore Synchrotron Light Source.
- J. C. T. Lee, S. Yuan, S. Lal, Y. I. Joe, Y. Gan, S. Smadici, K. Finkelstein, Y. Feng, A. Rusydi, P. M. Goldbart, S. L. Cooper, P. Abbamonte, Two-stage orbital order and dynamical spin frustration in KCuF3, Nature Physics 8, 63 (2012)
- I. Santoso, P. K. Gogoi, H. B. Su, H. Huang, Y. Lu, D. Qi, W. Chen, M. A. Majidi, Y. P. Feng, A. T. S. Wee, K. P. Loh, T. Venkatesan, R. P. Saichu, A. Goos, A. Kotlov, M. Rübhausen, and A. Rusydi, Observation of room-temperature high-energy resonant excitonic effects in graphene, Phys. Rev. B 84, 081403 (2011).
- Muhammad Aziz Majidi, Haibin Su, Yuan Ping Feng, Michael Rübhausen, and Andrivo Rusydi, Theory of high-energy optical conductivity and the role of oxygens in manganites, Phys. Rev. B 84, 075136 (2011).
- Ariando, X. Wang, G. Baskaran, Z.Q. Liu, J. Huijben, J.B. Yi, A. Annadi, A. Roy Barman, A. Rusydi, S. Dhar, Y.P. Feng, J. Ding, H. Hilgenkamp, T. Venkatesan, Electronic Phase Separation at the LaAlO3 / SrTiO3 Interface, Nature Communication 2, 188 (2011)
- T. S. Herng, D.-C. Qi, T. Berlijn, J. B. Yi, K. S. Yang, Y. Dai, Y. P. Feng, I. Santoso, C. Sánchez-Hanke, X. Y. Gao, Andrew T. S. Wee, W. Ku, J. Ding, and A. Rusydi, Room-Temperature Ferromagnetism of Cu-Doped ZnO Films Probed by Soft X-Ray Magnetic Circular Dichroism, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 207201 (2010).
- A. Rusydi, W. Ku, B. Schulz, R. Rauer, I. Mahns, D. Qi, X. Gao, A. T. S. Wee, P. Abbamonte, H. Eisaki, Y. Fujimaki, S. Uchida, and M. Rübhausen, Experimental Observation of the Crystallization of a Paired Holon State, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 026402 (2010).
- R. P. Saichu, I. Mahns, A. Goos, S. Binder, P. May, S. G. Singer, B. Schulz, A. Rusydi, J. Unterhinninghofen, D. Manske, P. Guptasarma, M. S. Williamsen, and M. Rübhausen, Two-Component Dynamics of the Order Parameter of High Temperature Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ Superconductors Revealed by Time-Resolved Raman Scattering, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 177004 (2009)
- A. Rusydi, R. Rauer, G. Neuber, M. Bastjan, I. Mahns, S. Müller, P. Saichu, B. Schulz, S. G. Singer, A. I. Lichtenstein, D. Qi, X. Gao, X. Yu, A.T.S. Wee, G. Stryganyuk, K. Dörr, G. A. Sawatzky, S.L. Cooper, and M. Rübhausen, Metal to insulator transition in manganites - optical conductivity changes up to 22 eV, Phys. Rev. B 78, 125110 (2008).
- I.S. Elfimov, A. Rusydi, S.I. Csiszar, Z. Hu, H. H. Hsieh, H.-J. Lin, C.T. Chen, R. Liang, and G.A. Sawatzky, Magnetizing Oxides by Substituting Nitrogen for Oxygen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 137202 (2007).
- P. Abbamonte, A. Rusydi, G. D. Gu, G. A. Sawatzky, D. L. Feng, Spatially modulated “Mottness” in La2-xBaxCuO4, Nature Physics 1, 155 (2005).
- P. Abbamonte, G. Blumberg, A. Rusydi, A. Gozar, P. G. Evans, T. S. Siegrist, L. Venema, H. Eisaki, E. D. Isaacs, G. A. Sawatzky, Crystallization of charge holes in the spin ladder of Sr14Cu24O41, Nature 431, 1078 (2004).
- K. J. Thomas, J. P. Hill, S. Grenier, Y.-J. Kim, P. Abbamonte, L. Venema, A. Rusydi, Y. Tomioka, Y. Tokura, D. F. McMorrow, G. A. Sawatzky, M. van Veenendaal, Soft x-ray resonant diffraction study of magnetic and orbital correlations in a manganite near half doping, Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 237204 (2004).
- P. Abbamonte, L. Venema, A. Rusydi, G. A. Sawatzky, G. Logvenov, I. Bozovic, A structural probe of the doped holes in copper-oxide superconductors, Science 297, 581 (2002).