Mansoor B. A. Jalil received his bachelor’s and Ph.D. degrees in physics from the University of Cambridge, UK, in 1993 and 1999, respectively. He joined the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, National University of Singapore in 1999, and has been an Associate Professor since 2006. He is the author of more than 200 journal articles and 150 conference papers. His research interest includes the theory and physics of nanoelectronic transport phenomena and devices, such spin Hall current, spin transfer and spin-orbit torques in spintronics; valley Hall and Klein tunneling in novel 2D-conductors; and anomalous Hall effect and Berry phase in topological insulators and Weyl/Dirac semimetals. He is an Editorial Board Member of the journal Scientific Reports.
My research interest is in the theory of nanoscale electronic devices:
- Spintronics - spin Hall effect, spin transfer torque, spin-orbit coupling torque
- Graphene - valley filtering, Klein tunneling, spin-orbit torque, magnetoresistance
- TNovel 2D - conductors spin-locked transport in silicene, Dirac and Weyl semi-metals
- Topological insulators - anomalous Hall effect, Berry phase, hexagonal warping, spin-momentum locking, spin-orbit torque
- TSkyrmions - topological Hall effect, skyrmion dynamics, skyrmion mass
- C. S. Ho, S. G. Tan, M. B. A. Jalil, Z. Chen, and L. A. Krivitsky, Role
of exchange interaction in nitrogen vacancy center based magnetometry,
Phys. Rev. B 94, 245424 (2016).
- J. C. Martinez and M. B. A. Jalil,
Topological dynamics and current-induced motion in a skyrmion lattice,
New J. of Phys. vol. 18, 033008 (2016).
- S. G. Tan, M. B. A. Jalil,
C. S. Ho, Z. B. Siu and S. Murakami, Gauge Physics of Spin Hall Effect,
Scientific Reports vol. 5, 18409 (2015).
- C. S. Ho, M. B. A. Jalil
and S. G. Tan, Gate-control of spin-motive force and spin-torque in
Rashba SOC systems, New J. of Phys. vol. 17, 123005 (2015).
- Y. Li,
M. B. A. Jalil and G. Zhou, Giant magnetoresistance modulated by
magnetic field in graphene p-n junction, Appl. Phys. Lett. vol. 105,
- M. B. A. Jalil and S. G. Tan, Robustness of
topological Hall effect of nontrivial spin textures, Scientific Reports
vol. 4, 5123 (2014).
- G. Gupta, H. Lin, A. Bansil, M. B. A. Jalil,
and G.-C. Liang, Role of Acoustic Phonons in Bi2Se3 Topological
Insulator: A Quantum Transport Investigation, Phys. Rev. B vol. 89,
- Z. B. Siu, M. B. A. Jalil, and S. G. Tan,
Topological state transport in topological insulators under the
influence of hexagonal warping and exchange coupling to in-plane
magnetizations, Scientific Reports vol. 4, 5062 (2014).
- G. Gupta,
H. Lin, A. Bansil, M. B. A. Jalil, C.-Y. Huang, W.-F. Tsai, and G.
Liang, Y-shape spin-separator for two-dimensional group-IV nanoribbons
based on quantum spin hall effect, Appl. Phys. Lett. vol. 104, 032410