Aaron Danner is with the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at NUS. Prior to his appointment to NUS, he was employed at Agilent (now Avago) Technologies, where his research projects included LED surface structures and development of vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs). He completed his graduate studies in Electrical Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is a senior member of the IEEE-Lasers and Electro-Optics Society (LEOS) and also member of the Optical Society of America (OSA).
- Liang, G. Q., A. J. Danner, and C. Lee, "Design of curved photonic cavities for a narrow-band widely tunable resonance ranging 200 nm," Optics Express, 20, No. 17, 2012.
- Tyc, T. and A. J. Danner, "Frequency spectra of absolute optical instruments," New Journal of Physics, 14, No. 8, 2012.
- Liu, Y. J., G. Y. Si, E. S. P. Leong, N. Xiang, A. J. Danner, and J. H. Teng, "Light-driven plasmonic color filters by overlaying photoresponsive liquid crystals on gold annular aperture arrays," Advanced Materials, 24, No. 23, 2012.
- Deng, J., W. Jia, C. E. Png, G. Y. Si, J. S. Son, H. Yang, and A. J. Danner, "Deep anisotropic LiNbO3 etching with SF6/Ar inductively coupled plasmas," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, vol. 30, no. 1, p. 011208 (6 pages), 2012.
- G. Q. Liang, C. Lee, and A. J. Danner, "Design of Narrow band photonic filter with compact MEMS for tunable resonant wavelength ranging 100 nm," AIP Advances, vol. 1, no. 4, 042171, 2011. Also selected to appear in the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2012 (Micro and Nano Electromechanical Systems).
- A. J. Danner, T. Tyc, and U. Leonhardt, "Controlling birefringence in dielectrics," Nature Photonics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 357-359, 2011. Popular press article published: A. J. Danner, "Gradient Birefringent Lenses: A New Degree of Freedom in Optics," www.2physics.com, Nov. 6, 2011.
- Chengwei Qiu, Alireza Akhbarzadeh, Tiancheng Han, and Aaron Danner, "Photorealistic Rendering of a Graded Negative-Index Metamaterial Magnifier," New Journal of Physics, vol. 14, article 033024, 2012.
- Wei Jia, Jun Deng, Hong Wu, Xiangyin Li, and Aaron J. Danner, "Design and fabrication of high-efficiency photonic crystal power beam splitters," Optics Letters, vol. 36, no. 20, pp. 4077-4079, 2011.
- Wei Jia, Jun Deng, M. S. Ajeesh, Hong Wu, Jiang Liyong, Li Xiangyin, C. S. Bhatia, H. Yang, and A. J. Danner, "Design and fabrication of high efficiency power coupler between different photonic crystal waveguides," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 24, 2011.
- G. Y. Si, Y. H. Zhao, H. Liu, S. L. Teo, M. S. Zhang, T. J. Huang, A. J. Danner, and J. H. Teng, "Annular aperture array based color filter," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, pp. 033105-033107, 2011. Selected for the August 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science,